Monday, March 12, 2007

300



This is a movie I wouldn't mind watching twice. I got engrossed that I got the game on my PSP and it was nothing short of awesome.

The movie is based on Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same title. Basically, the story's as simple as an army of 300 Spartans going to battle against a thousand Persians. Reason for battle is the usual political conflicts and whatnots. It's visually stimulating. I agree with most of the reviews that says it was like watching a video game in a theater. I watched the movie and played the game. The transition between the two was seamless. If you want to watch the movie because of the battle scenes, you won't go home disappointed. There's plenty of it in the movie. Lots of blood, gore, some nudity. Rated R stuff. I would say everything was very artistically done. I really did appreciate what I saw in this movie. I do not know much about King Leonidas, Sparta, Xerxes and all of them hard-to-spell names before I watched the movie. But somehow after watching, it made me want to know more about them and the story behind what I watched. That's why I don't mind watching it again...

No comments: