Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tightening the Belt

Sigh... I'm contemplating on cutting off my cellphone line... I think I'm not using it enough for me to keep it. What with the unlimited text and all, I think it's way cheaper for me to go pre-paid. I don't make that much calls anymore. I don't text that much as well, save for some forwarded messages. So what I do to make most of my plan is access the net through WAP or download Java games. But then my phone has limited storage space so I end up deleting them after some time. I like the luxury of having uninterrupted service, but I don't think it's all worth it. It's a waste of my hard-earned moolah.

I've had this number for 4 years now I think, and like all things which have been dear to me, it won't be easy for me to let go of it. It's not that I don't want to go through the hassle of texting everyone my new number (or should I say old number, since I've had it ever since Globe came into existence. Way back when texting was free and unlimited). It's not that I hate to experience running out of load when I need it most. It's just that I don't want to part with the messages I have stored in that SIM. If I forward them, the name of the original sender of the message won't be there (call me sentimental). I know it won't get lost even if it loses the signal, I just don't want to part with it or run the risk of losing it... but of course, I have to move on. I'll let everyone know once I've changed numbers... Globe subscribers will be prioritized...sorry! heheheh...

Now since I had the line for so long, I basically forgot how to load or check for balance or how to load it with unlimited text. I did something really embarassing the other day. I went to a store and inquired if they have unlimited text for Globe prepaid subscribers. The girl said they don't have such thing. I thought they have a special prepaid card preloaded with unlimited text feature, much like Sun's Unlimited Call and Text. I was so sure it exists that I even asked the girl if she was sure. Of course she said she was sure. Then I found out that all you have to do is to load the regular prepaid card and then text to have the unlimited text feature activated. I was so embarassed I ended up buying nothing and said an alibi that I can Pasaload on my own with my line... just to get myself out of their sights and as far away from the store as possible. I am soo not going back there. And I don't know why I'm even telling this embarassing story to the world...

Anyhoo, I'm also thinking of having my highspeed internet cut off. But then, I think I would need it when all the new seasons of my favorite series' comes in. Having it cut off will get me out of the loop. I guess I'll just change providers, because SmartBro is not really that, uhm, smart... I got cut off my internet because my activation key expired. I've paid my bill (though not in time), yet I'm still without service. I tried to call them 10 times the other day and everytime I reach a person I get a choppy line. Because I was so desperate at that time, I tried to email through my cellphone. Perhaps it was not my day, because the email servers apparently were down. So as soon as my term with them expires, I'm changing providers...

So.. what else can I cut off? One of my credit cards perhaps? Hmmmm... NAAAH! =P

No comments: