Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Holy Week at Tagaytay

Everyone is out of town during the Holy Week. While everyone's baking themselves under the sun at the beach, we're cooling off at Tagaytay. We were there from Maundy Thursday til Araw ng Kagitingan. five straight days! When we got there, it was raining and I really love it when it rains there. The wind is cool, the trees look greener and the road looks uhm, fresh. Too bad it only lasted for a day or two. It's really relaxing to stay there. I get to jog in the morning and walk in the evening around the village. After a few days, my legs hurt from walking uphill and downhill. It's the only time I get to exercise. We also went to church (Our Lady of Lourdes) on Saturday evening, and attended the Easter Vigil that lasted for two and a half hours (that's from 9-11:30). On that vigil, we also witnessed a baptism wherein the priest dips the baby into a tub of water thrice. The babies were so cute when they wriggle after being dipped into the water. We also roasted marshmallows and hotdogs, went stargazing (for around 5 minutes), went to market to buy junk food (I really love meringue), watched DVDs and Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy and Prison Break, it was really fun and relaxing. Oh and I spent my birthday there as well, but that would be on another post. =P

No comments: