Monday, September 06, 2004

the weekend that was

For the first time in history, I tried driving without a license. Both of my passengers don't have one either. My driving skills have got seriously and awfully rusty, that is if I still HAVE any left. Well, an L300 van is really not the easiest thing to navigate so the sucky driving is excusable. The important thing is I did not run over any living thing or collide with any non-living thing (read: expensive cars) and we got to our destination and back home in one piece.

So what happened over the weekend? Well, I finally got myself those Von Dutch shirts I have been wanting to buy for soooo long. So I bought two! My cousin bought two ASS well (it's not typo, it's just a private joke we share). Plus I've got a new cellphone. Actually, it's not new because my sister is handing it down to me. Her 6600 just arrived yesterday and she promised me she'd lend me her T610. So after spending two years with my trusty but phased out 6210, I finally got an MMS phone! But I'd still be keeping my 6210 (all original parts!). It has a lot of sentimental value... and really good quotes I saved on the phone memory!

The other night, I had a very vivid dream about my eternal crush for the Nth time. I can't really explain why, but the plot is always the same ever since, the setting is the only thing that changes each time I dream of him. In the beginning of my dream, he is with me and it almost seems like he's mine. I mean, we could almost pass as a couple. totally cloud nine! However, before the dream ends, one friend of mine always gets in the way and screws every thing up. She always manages to take him away from me (in Filipino: make sulot), thus leaving me ultimately dejected. Not really the happy ending I've always hoped for. But what the heck, we had our moment. The fact of the matter is, it did sort of happen in real life... and I did feel dejected. I really should get used to it, because it happens not only in real life but also in my dreams!

Anyway, over dinner tonight, I have decided to take up accounting as a second degree. My mom said it's okay and my dad actually joked about it (his way of recommendation, I hope). Maybe at UP Diliman or at UST. I'm planning to apply for work and then try to balance it with school, and then eventually pay my own tuition fee. For the meantime, these are all just plans. But I really want to go back to school. Plus it does sound like quite a challenge. We'll see if I'm up for it. I'll give it a little more thought.

No comments: