Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Heroes (TV Series)


When I heard about Heroes, I was hesitant to watch it. Mainly because I'm already watching five TV series, namely, Grey's Anatomy, Smallville, Desperate Housewives, One Tree Hill and The OC (plus The Simpsons if you include animated series). I was thinking that once I watch it, it will be harder for me to keep up with the other TV series that I'm watching. But then there was a day, wherein I actually ran out of stuff to download...so I said to myself, what the heck, I'll try one episode... then I got hooked...real bad.

After watching a few more episodes, I totally got addicted and I could no longer stop myself from being a total Heroes junkie. It's different from all the other series I'm watching (except probably Smallville) because it's like Marvel or DC on TV. This instantly became one of my top series of choice (meaning it's prioritized in my download queue). Wikipedia says, "The series tells the story of several people who "thought they were like everyone else... until they woke with incredible abilities" such as telepathy, time travel and flight. These people soon realize they have a role in preventing a catastrophe and saving humankind". Simple and yet captivating. My favorite character so far is Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka), who has the power to manipulate space-time continuum. His character is quite amusing and he provides the humor in the story. Of course, there are some good-looking characters such as Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia) and the villain Sylar (Zachary Quinto). It's really a must-see for comic fans because it's basically like a comic book that came to life on TV. So much so that Stan Lee made an appearance as a bus driver in episode 16. So if you liked comic book heroes, there's no way you won't like this...

No comments: