Wednesday, October 13, 2004

looking forward to having my dad around

My dad will be arriving on Friday! Basically, that's good news since that would mean we could (at long last) spend two months with him and actuallly feel what it's like to have a dad around. But then again, that would mean a complete lifestyle change for me. I won't be able to go to nightouts with my friends (which usually extends to the next day), I won't be allowed to have guy friends in the house, earlier curfew, weekends will be strictly family-time-only and I would have to stick to ultra conservative outfits (He calls everything sleeveless as sando). Am I so bad that these are the first things that I think of when my dad will be coming home after two years of being away? Well, actually, I think his presence will be enough for me to freely give up all of those things. Who knows, maybe it could make up for everything that I won't be allowed to do. I'm sure I would still be able to have a good time, sans the gimiks and nightouts. NOT! No, seriously, I think I won't even notice what I would be missing when he's here. I'll make sure I spend as much time as I can with him... you know, father and daughter bonding. Maybe the next time he comes back, he'll be walking me down the aisle... hahaha! who knows?!

No comments: